I have a confession to make... I LOVE nail polish! So much that my best friend's dad gave me a Caboodle in high school to store them all. Oh the joy it would bring me to go to CVS and pick from the wall of colors...it is the one thing in life that I can make a quick decision for. I know that I can simply change the color tomorrow if Im not feeling it anymore. Obviously those days of having nothing to do but paint your nails are long gone... so here are my tricks for a fast manicure that will look like you just stepped out of the nail salon.
1. Soak your nails for a few minutes or get them wet while you shower :)
2. Push back your cuticle using one of these.
CLICK THE PHOTOS TO ORDER
3. Apply this all around nail. I do both hands and leave it on for a minute (nothing takes 15 secs) wipe it off with a dry wash cloth.
4. File nails if needed. I like to use this four way buffer on the top of my nails. I just use the step one or two. I don't want my nails to be too smooth because the polish won't stay on.
5. Wash hands and apply this to nails like you would polish.
6. Apply base coat
7. Apply 2 coats of color. These are my go to colors!
8. Apply quick dry top coat.
And for those of us that aren't great at coloring in the lines...just use a sugar scrub later that day.
And now for the wholly grail product..... This product is a MUST and will make my polish last a week! I apply this to my nails the next night and the maybe every other night or every third night after that. It is thin and it dries fast. Thats really the trick with all of the products...if the polish is old and thick it will take forever to dry and no one has time for that. I am usually doing 5 things at a time, so I spread the steps through out the day. I will prep my nails in the morning and use the Bondaid and polish when i get in bed at night. I hope this helps! Maybe all of those times I begged my mom to take me to CVS did teach me a few tricks!
And for all of those girls with dry feet...this is something I am trying out!